"'And you've quite given [writing] up?' asked Christine.
'Not altogether...but I'm writing living epistles now,' said Anne, thinking of Jem and Co."
- Anne of Ingleside, L.M. Montgomery


2.16.2012

Counting on...


Thank you, God, for:
144. their delight in blueberries.
145. polite words. 
146.  Skidamarink beating me to the punch with "I love you!"
147.  Cap's spontaneous "I love you, brother!"
148.  that there is so much love!
149.  teeny-tiny baby socks
150.  three little sets of laundry to put away.
151.  Cap's joy in teaching his brother.
152.  young superheroes on a mission to pick up toys.
153.  a day at the playground.
154.  windows open in February.
155.  the way he helps uncomplaining.
156.  the way Skid's silly little song cheers me. ("On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese...")
157.  the way you use them to bless me - pulling me gently back when I give in to the worst parts of me.
158.  that I get to put them in jammies & tuck them in bed.
159.  that learning is play and they're so happy to play with letters & words & sounds all on their own.
160.  happy high-pitched little voices.
161.  the way Cap insisted we all give Valentines to each other - even to his unborn sister.
162.  the fun they are having making for others.
163.  unexpected positive response.
164.  his happy announcement that the grass is all covered up with snow.
165.  waking up with a love letter.
166.  smiles and excitement as the boys give and recieve homemade gifts of love.
167.  Skid knowing it's his baby sister's heart he hears at the Doctor's office.
168.  her heart beating strongly and her movements always stretching.
169.  the knowledge that there is no room for fear, even though I am measuring small.
170.  pictures of our baby girl in 2 weeks.
171.  dessert first.
172.  grace at the library - disappearing fine.
173.  the joy of sharing books together.
174.  finding my favorite kid's book (The Tale of Three Trees) in the free pile - a gift to share with a loved one.
175.  the joy of making food for my family.
176.  these people I can be so at ease with.
177.  his hug for his brother & the way he keeps on telling him how much he loves.
178.  little ones, wonder-filled, looking at snow.
180.  little boy telling me: "God love you, Mom!"
181.  the evidence in their play that they know they are loved.
182.  the way they play with the baby & adult animal set & how they've decided that all of the adults are daddies - a sign that their own Dad takes good care of them.
183.  Skidamarink's new word: "family" and everything about the way he says it.
184.  the cheese-toastie he made me - him taking time out of all he needed to do just to take care of me.
185.  grace for all the things undone & patience with my exhaustion even though it affects them.
186.  the ironic way that wiping snotty noses can bless - "teach me to run to you like they run to me for every little thing".
187.  the way once I start counting the gratitude just keeps pouring out.
188. the way they are using all of the stickers we gave them for Valentines day to make something for their Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment