"'And you've quite given [writing] up?' asked Christine.
'Not altogether...but I'm writing living epistles now,' said Anne, thinking of Jem and Co."
- Anne of Ingleside, L.M. Montgomery


7.13.2011

Letter Ee

We are currently using a combination of You Can Read and Raising Rockstars, plus whatever else we stumble across. :)

Captain Silly Wiggles is currently 4 years & 1 month old.
Raising Rock Stars


Our learning this week was centered around John 3:16:
Even a child is known by his deeds.


Song: Every Move I Make & Your Everlasting Love 
Letter: Ee
Number: 6
Sight words: a, see, the, and, is
(I'm still working on deciding how I want to use RRSP & YCR together.  
We stayed with the same unit until I decided what to do.)
Sight reader: Where is the egg?

On Monday we...
1. ...did the Getting Ready for Ee worksheet.

2. ...worked on his cutting worksheet.  This time it was a ruler that he had fun measuring with.

3. ...traced the Ff's on the RRSP worksheets.  He was is a really goofy mood and kept changing grips trying to be silly. He tried writing with each hand, with the end of the marker in his mouth and wanted to try with his toes.  I managed not to get too frustrated and he eventually finished.

4. ...did the Color by Word YCR worksheet.  He did a good job matching the word to the color he was supposed to use, but didn't do more than coloring the actual word.

5. ...played the Clothespin ABC game.

On Wednesday we...
1. ...worked on vocab cards.  He didn't trace any, but we said the words together & talked about the E sounds.  Then he cut them out very carefully.

2. ...tried the YCR sentence search.  He wasn't ready for this worksheet.  He was supposed to circle his sight words as I read the sentence.  Instead he wanted all of the words to be circled.  We'll probably skip these worksheets for awhile.  (Which is fine, because there is more than enough material.)

3. ...tried the YCR word search.  This one isn't for him right now either.  He was very concerned that there were extra letters that didn't have words.  I guess he thought they were lonely? :)

4...tried the YCR word shapes page.  This was his first dot-to-dot and he really didn't get the idea.  We'll practice a little more on some ABC or 123 dot-to-dots and try these again later.
5. ...traced the lines from word to word.  He enjoyed this one and did great with it. He read the word, traced the line, and read the word again.

6. ...put together a number puzzle I found in the dollar section at Target.

On Friday we...
Went to the pool!  It was my birthday and we celebrated with a trip to the pool and then the boys passed the evening with their adopted Grandma while Jeff and I went to dinner and browsed Barnes and Noble. I love bookstores!  I made a valiant effort and succeeded in not going to the children's section right off the bat.  (I did spend most of my time there, though.)

We actually spent two days at the pool and one day at the zoo this week.  Cap learned how to swim without water wings and started going under on purpose!  He went off the diving board after lots of begging.  We let him, but he wasn't too sure about it in the end.

This week was a whole lot of trial and error.  We found things that worked, things that didn't, and ways to adapt things that didn't work.  We also made lots and lots of time to play.  It is summer, after all - what fun is it if you can't throw all the plans out the window and go hang out at the pool?


1+1+1=1
All of our printables this week came were developed by Carisa at 1+1+1=1. Visit her website for all kids of wonderful resources. You can find her letter Ee printables here and You Can Read Unit 1 here.


The cutting workbook we used is called I Can Cut by School Specialty Publishing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for documenting your pre-school experiences at home! I am a homeschool mom with a 7yo we homeschooled through kindy, then sent to school, and are now back to homeschooling this year. I also have a 4yo, and I haven't been doing any direct school with him. Let's just say he isn't quite as "teachable" as my daughter was at his age. :) I appreciate seeing your hands-on ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete