"'And you've quite given [writing] up?' asked Christine.
'Not altogether...but I'm writing living epistles now,' said Anne, thinking of Jem and Co."
- Anne of Ingleside, L.M. Montgomery


7.11.2011

Yuck!

I try not to get to crazy about cleaning house for every little get together we have.  I try to keep our house clean, but the reality is that sometimes it's a mess.  I figure it doesn't do any good to pretend like we have it all together by making a mad dash to clean house every time someone comes over.  Parties are a different story.  I tend to go all out on cleaning before a party.  I'm not sure what makes me think the house needs to be spotless before a large gathering, but I tend to stress trying to make everything perfect.

We had a party this weekend.  Several friends came over and we had a blast!  But, as I look at my floors, I have to wonder: why in the world do I bother mopping before a party?  Don't get me wrong - the time with friends is always well worth the mess.  But I think I might be better served to save my energy and mop after everyone goes home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment